My husband and I have started with a basic set of rules and plan to expand on them over time. If anyone has any suggestions of how to improve these or things to add, we are always open minded to new ideas.
1. I am not allowed to disrespect him. That includes name calling, yelling, attitude, etc.
2. I am supposed to complete my weekly and daily chores.
3. I am not allowed to swear. (This one really hasn’t been enforced yet, but it was my idea because of the baby coming.)
4. I am supposed to be open with him and communicate everything.
5. I am not allowed to lie, cheat, or mislead him.
6. I am to be spanked at least once a week. If I haven’t misbehaved, I get a maintenance spanking.
All of these rules also apply to him, though I don’t spank or punish him when he misbehaves. We feel that these are general rules for any marriage and the only one I tend to have a problem with is the first one. I sometimes get a bit of an attitude and say things I shouldn’t. I will add and amend the rules as needed, but for now that’s basically what we go by. In the event that I break one or more of these rules I am punished by my husband. You can read about how he punishes me in another post 🙂